Share/Bookmark

my kind of flight \11.02\

No comment yet
Do you ever have those moments where you're listening to a song, and in that moment it fits your life so precisely that you're nearly convinced your life is a movie and someone is supplementing the story with a soundtrack?

Like any young(ish) city slicker, I spend a lot of quality time with my iPod, preparing to be deaf by middle age. Obviously the music I've chosen aligned with my taste. But the lyrical themes, genres and tempos vary. Still, somehow it seems like my iPod reads my mood and creates its own playlist.

And on more than one occasion, I've had a flash of understanding about how randomly inspiration can occur to the filmmaker types in this world. The song I'm listening to conspires with the scene I'm walking, running, standing or sitting in, and suddenly everything feels connected. That moment is usually fleeting, so I doubt that I have a future in film.

Music is just such a strong instrument (pun intended) in evoking and expressing emotion. Discovering new songs and artists that connect with you can be like hitting gold. If I have another lifetime, I'd like to be imbued with musical talent as well as appreciation. Just thought I'd put that request in right now.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER