Share/Bookmark

winter classic \11.19\

No comment yet
Forewarning, this post is likely to wander into stream of consciousness.  Blame it on an overwrought brain or the verge of of sickness.  I'm positive that my penchant for soup over the past three days stems from the cold that's attempting to wage war with my immune system.  That scratch in the throat, the pressure in the sinuses, that's what has me grasping at the hot, brothy goodness.  And that's how I ended up with a custom order (with assistance from my gracious cashier) at Corner Bakery today.  Nothing beats tomato soup and grilled cheese when you're feeling wintry.

Besides soup, there is one other thing that I thought about today.  Trusting my gut, even when it's inconvenient.  My instincts have a habit of being correct.  At the rate that I think and analyze things, I would expect that I've built up a deep well of reference points for my instinct.  Despite knowing this, I have a tendency to ignore or push them off sometimes.

Tonight I fought through the inconvenience, engaged in what I needed to do even though I wanted nothing more than to sink into the comfort of my couch, and it didn't take much effort to realize that I chose correctly.  In addition to averting a bad situation, I also quelled my own anxiety in wondering if I made the right decision.

So, from grilled cheese and tomato soup to gut feelings and decision making, that's how I've defined my Monday.  Is it Thursday yet?  I'm dreaming of Thanksgiving.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER