Share/Bookmark

cast your ballot \11.05\

No comment yet
Quite simply, in-person absentee voting is marvelous.  Ten minutes from entry to exit.  As I left the polling location, I tried to remember my life status when I voted in the last Presidential election four years ago.

I was on the cusp of life change.  My plan to move to Chicago had just come to fruition with a job offer.  In fact, I think I was on my way to do whirlwind apartment hunting the next weekend.  That vote was my last civic duty as a citizen in the state of Michigan.

From there, my stream of consciousness drifted to last November, when I made the definitive decision to quit the job that brought me here three years previous.  And, oh wait, I also quit my first job out of college in December and decided to go to grad school.

Moral of the story is that I have a flare for significant life changes right around the close of the year.  So I suppose I was a little early this year.  Although spring is more commonly considered a transformative time of year, my entire family seems to roll with winter change.  No worries, I don't have any 180 degree turns on the shelf for the next month or two.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER