Share/Bookmark

big, red and festive \11.28\

No comment yet
Life in the New York office is such an interesting change of pace.  The conversations are different, the amount of stock in the kitchen is different, the male to female ratio is clearly on the other end of the scale.

Of the many productive things accomplished today, we determined that there needed to be office parlance for a "hard stop" that has a small range.  So, for instance, having to finish a meeting between 4:00 and 4:15.  You really can't go past 4:15, but in an ideal world you'd escape at 4:00.  This shall now be known as a semi-malleable stop.  Pass it on.

This morning as I was grabbing some Cold Brew coffee out of the fridge (a little upgrade from my daily Starbucks Via), I was forewarned that there was a shortage of milk.  Due to the Cold Brew's high concentration, you'd better be immune to caffeine if you're going to drink it straight.  I opened the fridge to reveal four varieties of milk, including one non-dairy.  First world problems at their best.

My commute to the New York office is also a different experience.  Since it's only a mile from my lodging, I hoof it instead of taking the subway.  They say cardiovascular activity is good for you.  It also gives me an opportunity to witness, and occasionally join, a real-life game of frogger at every crosswalk.  No one looks at walk signals, they may as well remove them.

All of that considered, I'm still coming back for you, Chicago.  It's just nice to have an opportunity to shake things up every once in awhile.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER