Share/Bookmark

antiques & andersonville \11.10\

No comment yet
It's no secret that I've been craving travel and an injection of the thrill that comes from new places.  Unfortunately there are still many restless months ahead of me.  So I had to go with plan B, seeking new places on a more micro level.

I decided to go with the path of least resistance, hop a northbound #22 bus, and visit a little Chicagoan slice of Sweden.  Andersonville.  I've heard a few people in recent weeks extolling how cute it is with it's independent shops and neighborhood-y vibe.

After browsing the non-corporate options for coffe, I chose an unassuming cafe with a section of floor pillows with low tables and foreign currencies stapled to the pillars.  I thought about hanging around to people watch, but a storm was brewing and I wanted to wander a bit.

I ducked in a store here and there.  Peeked into windows and at menus for bars and restaurants that opened at later hours.  Amused myself with an eclectic and disarrayed collection of antiques and misfit odds & ends.

As I wandered out of my short exploratory jaunt, a rain storm threw me into the arms of Gap.  The reverie of novel adventure was broken and as the storm ceased, I walked out with a bag of goods and aimed my feet in the direction of my warm and comfortable couch.  It was a nice mini adventure to get my synapses firing and my curiosity piqued.  Unfortunately it's not likely to satisfy my craving beyond 24 hours, but that's okay.  I'd be more worried if the craving went away.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER