Share/Bookmark

everyone loves new toys \11.24\

No comment yet
I bought myself a little present today.  It just couldn't wait any longer.  When faced with the option of turning left, entering the expressway, and heading back to Chicago or continuing straight, directly toward the camera shop...my instincts took over.

I already felt good about buying my camera from this shop.  It's a locally-owned joint, so I was supporting the lesser known cousin to Black Friday and Cyber Monday - Shop Local Saturday.  Sales tax in Michigan is only 6% (by local, I meant my home state).  The guy who showed me the cameras yesterday talked to me like a knowledgeable and intelligent being, despite knowing I'm a novice.  Then to top it all off, today we bonded over a desire to own hectares (a.k.a. property) in Costa Rica.

And so I have become the proud parent of a very feature-rich piece of electronic equipment.  Part of me wishes that I could already have it mastered by tomorrow, so that fabulous photos are only a snap away.  The other part of me relishes the learning curve, something to throw myself into.  I've probably never been so eager to read an owner's manual; generally I don't even crack the cover open.

So today I bring you two shots: one of my new baby (yes, by the way, I did go Canon in the end) and the second being a casual test shot on auto mode from the lens of that new baby.  If that's what images look like in auto mode with low light, you cannot imagine my excitement for what else is on the horizon.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER