Share/Bookmark

rockin' around rockefeller plaza \11.29\

No comment yet

 I am happy to report that my streak remains alive.  While walking home from work tonight, I was sidelined by a directionally-challanged tourist who apparently thought I looked like I knew the answers.  And I did.  Of course, I was also harangued by a woman who was looking for my reaction to the assertion that she could show me the female image of God.

With one final New York evening to indulge in, and considering that I completely squandered the first one in my exhausted state, I figured that I might as well set out into the land of tourists.  New York does the holiday season so much bigger than Chicago.  The holiday lights displays actually rival Times Square in their brightness.  I would hate to see how much those energy bills hike up during the next month.

And since NBC dedicates an entire two hours of prime time to its lighting, I figured perhaps the tree in Rockefeller Plaza was worth trudging through the tourists and baby strollers.  It was big.  And bright.  And claustrophobic.  I won’t complain though, it was a pretty impressive display of lights.  Plus, I parked myself a bench with a decadent hot chocolate from Magnolia Bakery and soaked in the people watching experience.

The weather forecast is taunting me with tales of temperatures in the 50s upon my return to Chicago.  I hope it’s everything they’re promising and more.  But who really trusts weather forecasts in the Midwest.


Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER