Share/Bookmark

black friday, black coffee \11.23\

No comment yet
Against my best interests, and my own personal promise to the contrary, I ended up inside of a Best Buy on Black Friday.  I didn't camp outside or even wait.  My parking spot was midway down the row closest to the door.  Needless to say, I arrived far after the door busters ended.

My intention was to just wait for my mom as she returned a surround sound system.  Her line was so long that I started to wander.  I happened upon a portable hard drive with a terabyte of storage for $70, something I've been telling myself to buy since I invested in my MacBook Air.  Might as well pick one up.

Seeing that my mom was still only halfway through the line, I headed toward the digital cameras.  I thought maybe they'd have some dSLRs with charged batteries for me to play with.  It was a little too congested, apparently cameras are popular gift items.  I did strike gold in the accessories aisle, where 16GB memory cards for dSLRs were marked down from $40 to $9.99.

Despite my strongest loathing for Black Friday, I found two items that I wanted and were worthy enough sales to...wait in line.  The line was winding through the home appliances and an internal battle occurred as I took my place at the end.  It could have been much worse, and I'm sure it was earlier, but the ten minutes that I waited was enough to test my patience.

Now that I was committed to the memory card, I might as well head over to a local camera shop for a little hands on time.  Luckily that's not exactly a door buster type of retailer.  Although there were other customers in the store, I walked right in to a helpful sales associate.  And despite thinking that I knew what I wanted, he managed to plant a Canon seed in my mind.  Regardless, I don't think I'll be leaving this town without a camera.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER