Share/Bookmark

home away from home \11.27\

No comment yet
Usually taking the 'early riser' flight minimizes the risk of late flights and plane issues.  The planes are patiently sitting and waiting for you to board them.  The flight crew can only be late if they happened to oversleep.  All of the diagnostics, fueling and stocking tasks should be long done.

Of course, I hadn't previously considered that the gate-checked luggage could get stuck in an elevator shaft, thus delaying our flight for 40 minutes while we waited for a mechanic.  At least it worked out well for one lucky individual, the guy who was technically twenty minutes late for the flight.


So after a 3:30am wake up, I managed to spend a full work day at the NYC office; my focus was close to nil by 6:00pm.  I checked into my corporate apartment, which feels so much better than a hotel room.  Although it's a studio, I'm pretty sure it's larger than my own studio in Chicago.  And the view of Midtown Manhattan from my 20th floor windows is a little different than the alleys I look out at from home.

In a city with such an array of choices, you would think that I set out to find myself some sights and flavors that I can't get at home.  Here's a let down for you.  I grabbed a box of Whole Foods' version of shells and cheese, a couple of cookies, and made my way back to the apartment to wear pajamas and watch Big Ten/ACC basketball.

I'll try to be more interesting tomorrow.  Tonight I'm just out of fuel.


Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER