Share/Bookmark

all in a day's commute \10.16\

No comment yet
Perhaps this makes me strange (of the many things that fall under that category), but I actually like doing laundry.  At least, there's the potential for me to enjoy it.  I must admit that my current set up is less than optimal: scrounging for quarters, waiting for machines, constantly going upstairs and downstairs to switch loads.

I suppose the reward for me is really the folding.  If you've ever seen The Big Bang Theory or worked in a clothing story, you're familiar with some sort of folding board.  I would use one of those.  I went out of my way to use one when I worked in retail.  Yes, it's anal retentive, but there's a certain sense of satisfaction I get out of precision folding my clothes.  No, this doesn't mean I want to come to your house and do your laundry.

Then there's the part of the laundry process that I remember enjoying even as a child.  Although I was less than enthused to be on family laundry duty when I was seven years old, I loved piles of clothes fresh out of the dryer.  I would cover myself in them, absorbing the warmth and the fresh scent.  Although I no longer lay in a pile, I do have a tendency to drape a warm t-shirt over myself.

On a side note, it's funny how the stream of consciousness that is this blog has a tendency to harken back to childhood and adolescent "I remember when..." moments.  I suppose I'll have a really good collection ready when I'm old, so I won't have to recall them on my own.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER