Share/Bookmark

orange you glad it's friday? \10.05\

No comment yet
On the three occasions that I was outside in the Loop today, I became convinced that the Chicago business community either didn't check the weather forecast or they're in denial.  I suppose there was a third category, consisting of people like myself, who were simply unenthused by the sub-fifty degree weather.

Fists clenched. Brows furrowed in consternation.  Jacketless arms crossed.  Shoulders tensed and huddled forward.  Even the occasional scowl.  Never has body language among nearly an entire populace been so easy to read.

I was disappointed in myself, caving in to the taunt of pre-winter weather so easily.  The North Face fleece has officially left the closet and joined the hook on my front door.  And I drank hot coffee.  As a woman devoted to iced coffee, I'll generally drink it year-round and refuse to enter hot beverage territory until November at the earliest.  Perhaps I'm softening with age.

There's this little seed, not planted too deeply in my brain, that's already yearning for a warm weather destination.  Costa Rica spoiled my desire to endure winter, after 27 years of knowing nothing different.  Maybe I won't have a month under my belt this winter, but I'm thinking that President's Day weekend is tagging itself for warmth and relaxation.

Oh, and apparently Chicago also likes to choose festively colored dyes and apply them to contained bodies of water.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER