Share/Bookmark

rinsing in style \10.10\

No comment yet
There has been more than one occasion in 2012 when I pondered removing myself from this American lifestyle.  The contrasts that I observed in my surroundings, and myself, when removed from the rat race seemed worthwhile.  But I never gave into the urge, because there was always another force at the work, an emotional tug of war.

Certain things about this American life had too strong of a grip on me.  It wasn't a smartphone, a car, or even this much loved MacBook Air.  It certainly wasn't reality TV.  Instead, it was the carefully accumulated core of people that help imbue my life with meaning.  Sure, I could meet new people anywhere I go.  At the end of the day though, it turns out that my core contains the people that I want to share my days with.

My simpler days already feel like a different lifetime ago.  Things have changed so drastically in six weeks.  That's not to say the current situation is bad, just requiring adjustment.  But tonight I felt so reassured in the decisions that I've made.

So, I'm not living 'la pura vida' in Costa Rica.  But I am able to spend nights with people who don't think I'm crazy for considering it.  Moreover, they understand why it was an valid consideration.  At the end of the day, living in an environment that requires balance checks to keep my sanity in check is actually a worthwhile trade for having the right people in my life   Now, assuming everyone wanted to pick up and relocate to a sleepy, Central American beach town...I wouldn't have to be convinced.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER