Share/Bookmark

change and reflection \10.25\

No comment yet
I've been disgracefully neglectful in reading my typical cache of followed blogs.  So, on this night that I set aside for couch laying and World Series watching, I thought I'd throw in some blog reading.  Some entries were more skim-worthy, others were full-reads, but one was fodder for further perusal.  And it just so happens that I reserve this little space of my own for such acts.

Here's what got me:
"For several years beforehand, I thought about writing but never wrote. During much of that time I dreamed of doing something significant, but didn't have a vision for its form or structure. 

If you have a project you're just now beginning, I hope you'll see it through. If the project is in progress and you haven't achieved the traction you wanted (and you're still motivated to do it), I hope you won't give up. If you keep working at it over time, I hope you'll be able to fill your own stadium with people who engage with it…" (Chris Guillebeau @ AONC)

I've always written for myself.  Even though my dad has believed for many years that I will eventually write a book, I've never thought that I had anything of value to say to other people.  This blog wasn't even intended for writing.  Yet, it somehow became a forum of putting my thoughts into the public realm (well, semi-public - most people who read this probably already know me).  As I compose my 300th post, these musings still don't have a purpose or direction other than fulfilling a goal that I set for myself.

The rigorous pace of every day writing will probably wane in 2013, but I'd like to think that I will keep at this.  There's something to be said for forcing your mind to generate and contemplate.  Maybe it will never lead to anything more than this, a few handfuls of people and a personal challenge.  But there's hope in the word 'maybe'.  If I don't write and share then the odds of developing my own vision and giving it structure...well, they're slim none.

So, here's to number 300, then 65 more, and many after that.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER