Share/Bookmark

light, bright & angular \10.11\

No comment yet
A disclaimer for the next 72 hours: I cannot promise the timeliness nor quality of blog posts.  My life is reaching the apex of it's recent rat race pace.

After an hour and a half nap, I am soon heading to Midway on a midnight airport pick-up run.  From there, I head directly with my human cargo to the homeland - Grand Rapids.  I'm hoping to sleep from approximately 4:00 to 7:00 a.m., at which point I will have to rise (and doubtfully shine).

Throwing a quick shower in the mix, I'll be back on the road.  Next destination: Novi.  There I'll spend the majority of the day working from an adopted home with my former partner in workday crime.  A working reunion of sorts.

Throw in some hair-doing and getting dressed, somehow 3:30 p.m. will roll around all too quickly, and it'll be time to hit the road again.  On to Howell, where wedding bells are tolling.  The party is bound to roll into some wee hours, hopefully I won't be asleep on my feet at some point.  If only there was the post-reception promise of rest for the weary.

Instead, the plan is family tailgate time for the Spartan homecoming game.  Since that's a noon kick-off, call time for pre-game festivities is about 8:00 a.m.  So I'll be back to doing what I know best by no later than 7:30 a.m. - driving.  Tailgate.  Watch football.  Drive back to Grand Rapids.

From there I should have a full 24-hour hiatus on getting behind the wheel (please and thank you).  I'm trying not to hold out hope for a full nine-hour sleep, too.  Alas, Sunday afternoon will find me back on chauffer duty.  I'll wistfully pass my exit and make the drop at O'Hare, then make an about face and head directly home.

And any other day, by that point, I would drop helplessly into my bed and only rise when the alarm tolled for work the next morning.  But October 14th happens to be the premiere of The Walking Dead and, therefore, the revival of zombie Sundays.  Since my brain is likely to be in a zombie-like state by that point, it's fitting to push myself through the night.

I'm tired already.  And it's just getting started.  Oy.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER