Share/Bookmark

making impressions \10.26\

No comment yet
My photos have a tendency to trend with the seasons.  Hence, excessive photos of colorful leaves this autumn.  I can't help it, that's what speaks to me.

Something that I've noticed throughout four years in the city, that never occurred to me prior to moving here, is the people who prematurely dress for deep winter.  I'll admit that today's weather, a dip of 30 degrees since yesterday, seemed rather drastic.  Yet, the sun was shining and I still fared just fine in my UnderArmour sweatshirt when I went for a walk.


When you're living in Chicago, you have to uphold a sense of progression in your winter wear.  When the temperature dips below 60, I'll start breaking out my fleece.  Give me below freezing and I'll zip on the top layer over my fleece.  Another twenty degrees under that and I'll entertain my down jacket.  Hat and gloves make an appearance when we hitting 32 degrees, although the hat is generally only for extended outdoor periods.  The scarf has become a either a last resort or an accoutrement to the peacoat on a sub-freezing day.

Living in Michigan, I drove everywhere and maxed out with a North Face fleece during my collegiate years (high school was composed of varsity jacket days).  Having to stand at a bus stop daily really reprioritized my winter wear.  Except last winter, when I spent the dearth of my winter days in Costa Rica.  I'm trying not to let myself linger on how I'll have to endure an entire winter this year.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER