Share/Bookmark

texas style \10.06\

No comment yet
Here's the quick and dirty on a day that started at 3:30am and has a TBD end time.  When I got in my car around 4:00am, I was driving past the late night, post-bar, grease pit food crowd.  It was a little unsettling that their night hadn't ended and I was already starting the next day.  Katy Perry was also singing to me on the radio about being Wide Awake.  Ironic.

Somehow I managed to hit every light possible between home and the highway, despite the minimal traffic at that time of the morning.  Driving up the Dan Ryan, I passed a nearly cleared accident composed of three tow trucks and more flashing lights than I could count at 55 mph.  No slowing me down though.  I made it to the parking garage in fifteen minutes and the airport within thirty.

True to form, I chose the slowest security lines - both before and after they checked my ID and ticket.  One of the guys in front of me spent at least three minutes fussing with his rollerboard suitcase...which he was trying to fit into one of the bins for some reason.

As I walked up to the scanner, a male TSA agent yelled, "Go Green!" in response to my MSU t-shirt.  I was slightly asleep still, so my response was a confused hybrid of "yeah!" and "thanks!".  Within moments afterward, I was getting my first ever TSA hair pat down.  And it was narrated.  "I'm gonna pat your arms, now I'm gonna feel your hair."

Upon my arrival in San Antonio, I opted out of the standard shuttle and taxi options.  I discovered that the #5 bus left from the airport and stopped within a block of my hotel for a grand total of $1.10.  So, I checked out the public transportation situation.  It was a piece of cake and cost me about 96% less.

I checked into a hotel room twice the size of my NYC digs a couple of weeks ago, and less than half the price.  Actually, this place may be larger than my apartment.  And comes with free breakfast and three free alcoholic drinks between 5:30-7:00pm.

The wedding itself made me wonder if I should consider San Antonio should I ever get married.  The DJ not only called for a conga line to the tune of Gloria Estefan, but played multiple Selena songs.  And I can't explain to you how perfectly a mariachi band compliments dinner unless you've experienced it.  They even managed to fit in some Boot Scoot 'n Boogie alongside the Cupid Shuffle.

Despite the whirlwind pace of it all, today (in all of it's idiosyncrasies) was exactly as amazing as I hoped that it would be.  And tomorrow still holds the allure of a few hours to explore before heading back to the impending winter climate known as home.  So congrats, my friends, on a wedding that makes into my all-time favorites list.  I'm very happy to have shared this with you and excited to see you take the next step in this journey.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER