Share/Bookmark

like warm apple pie \10.14\

No comment yet
This is a story about apple pie, sort of.  It's more of a story about a story about apple pie, you know the one.  Boy meets pie, dad walks in on boy.

Once upon a time, I was in high school and planning to rent that movie and watch it at home during a mellow girls' night.  My mom has never been shy and decided that she was going to join us, no matter how much I tried to convince her that it wasn't her type of movie.

Let me set the stage a few years further back, for perspective's sake.  In eighth grade, I went to see Titanic with a friend and our moms.  My mom insisted on covering my eyes, at the age of fourteen, when Kate Winslet was posing nude for the portrait, as well as when Kate and Leo steamed up the stagecoach windows.  I couldn't quite understand why she was afraid to let me see breasts, since I had my own.

Fast forward a few years to a scene where I want to laugh at raunchy comedy and the mom who censored me from seeing portions of Titanic wants to join me.  It was incredibly awkward and rather uncomfortable.  But I lived to tell the tale.  And I made sure to watch all subsequent American Pie movies in a locale where parental presence would be unlikely.

When I saw this homemade apple pie on her counter though, I couldn't help but think about the day when I watched Jason Biggs make love to a pie on screen while feeling the awkward tension of my mom in the room.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER