Share/Bookmark

urban waterfall \05.20\

No comment yet
In all honesty, I have never been one of those people who wishes they could go back to high school days.  Actually, I spent most of the time I was there counting down the days until I left.  There's no singular reason for my impatience and lack of fond regard, high school just wasn't a scene that I was generally interested in.

Something that I've realized about those years that I do miss is the sports, both playing and spectating.  Tennis gave me a mission and a focus, during the on- and off-season periods.  There were practices and meets five days a week, sometimes weekend tournaments, and I enjoyed being around my tennis "family".  Although I did generally spend Friday nights at varsity football games, I was more of a soccer girl.  I befriended soccer moms, traveled for games, and sat through cold and rain.  During my freshman and sophomore years, I was there for JV and varsity games.  Hard core.  Plenty of time was spent at basketball games and boys tennis meets, too.  Sometimes I dabbled in baseball and wrestling fandom.

Sure, I could go to professional sporting events or even minor league games to fill my sports void.  Oh, and I hear ESPN is a really good source.  A couple things though: game tickets aren't necessarily all that cheap (making frequency of attendance an issue) and I don't know the people on the field, court, etc.  Regardless of my general feelings about the high school experience, I was in full support of my classmates' efforts when they were competing.  I took pride in their victories.  Perhaps this is why people have kids and enroll them in sports; it's probably the next best thing.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER