Share/Bookmark

being official \05.12\

No comment yet
Today's "yes" activity: judging figure skating.  Why do I call this a "yes" activity?  Because it's something completely unfamiliar to me, something you could feasibly assert that I'm unqualified to do (since I've never been a skater).  Instead of using this as rationale to practice avoidance and stay rooted to my comfortable, well-worn path, I said...yes.  Instead of stressing over the shift out of equilibrium, I'm figuring a lot of it out as I go.

During the course of my day, I had an interesting conversation with an older woman also taking part in the judging festivities.  She asked me about my job, so I unraveled the abridged version of my recent life story.  She brought it up again during our next break.  First, she said, "You're going to go back to Costa Rica; I know it.  And you'll go for at least six months.  I think you'll end up in a beach town and the opportunity you're looking for will be there waiting for you."  For good measure, she then informed me that she has some psychic abilities.  Odds are that I just have way more light in my eyes when I say "Costa Rica" than when I mention "cubicles".  But, hey, who am I to say that she didn't catch a glimpse of my future? :)

Also, I may have eaten about two tons of food, graciously provided by the lovely skater parents.  Unfortunately, that makes me ready to crawl into a food coma for the next three days.  Thus, I bid you adieu.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER