Share/Bookmark

animal kingdom \05.11\

No comment yet
 This morning I received one of the many types of weekly emails sent out by LinkedIn.  It was pointing me toward top news articles, one of which was titled "The Six Enemies of Greatness (and Happiness)".  I decided to bite and clicked my way over to Forbes.com to read it.  The article was short, sweet and to the point.  At the end, they proposed that you participate in their survey: Which do you think is the biggest obstacle of the six?

From my own battles to uncover happiness (and maybe some greatness, too), I could've named the culprit without the list.  Comfort...a.k.a. the rut.  Apparently the general survey-taking public was in agreement with me.

Clearly I took a big step out of my comfort zone when I left the conventional cubicle world for international traipsing.  I was proud of myself, because even though it was the best decision for me, it wasn't easy at any point in time.  Yet, I may be even more proud of myself now.  It would've been so easy to come back from that and give in to the allure of traditional comfort.  Instead, I'm keeping my focus on the reasons I left it in the first place and trying to find the right direction.

Being uncomfortable is not always easy, but it also isn't half bad.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER