Share/Bookmark

hanging by a thread \05.29\

No comment yet
Disclaimer: Instagram makes this photo look way more ominous than it really is.

After sweeping myself away to the great outdoors for a couple quick days, I'm back to my urban dwelling.  This photo felt like an emphatic way to stamp where I've returned to, a direct juxtaposition to where I was.

Sometimes I feel like I tap into an entirely differently side of my mind when I cross that state border.  I would liken it to the way that a Southern drawl might soften after living in the north.  Then that individual returns to their roots for a visit and suddenly they're laying it on thick again.  Only my inner Michiganian manifests itself through country radio stations and a strong inclination to drive down dirt roads.

Therein lies most of the reason that my ultimate job would allow me a wide berth in terms of flexibility.  I feel like there are so many places in not only this region or country that I belong, but in the world.  Although I could attempt to keep a job for nine months, then travel for three, it seems more logical to create a foundation with a career that allows me geographic flexibility.  Maybe someday I'll be ready to own a house and call one city my own, but right now I'm still in the midst of a wanderlust phase.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER