Share/Bookmark

coffee talk \05.25\

No comment yet
I have this idyllic notion of a work day as one where I sit on a patio, enveloped by sun and warm air, sipping an iced coffee.  That doesn't seem like too irrational of an expectation; I'm even willing to tolerate only moderately comfortable outdoor furniture.  In an effort to find a local coffee establishment to match my criteria, I engaged in a little web wandering.  At one point, Google informed me that some of Chicago's very own Starbucks are soon to be engaged in a concept test.  Alcohol.

The particular patio that I was eyeing is in the process of obtaining a liquor license, while the second location is still under construction.  Not only will the latter store serve beer and wine, but it's also intended to be a flagship store.  I'm not sure what characteristics define a flagship Starbucks, but they had me sold on the idea of a second-story balcony seating area.  I'm unequivocally in favor of outdoor seating options, especially those that don't place me twelve inches from the curb of a traffic-laden city street.

What I haven't quite decided on is whether I'll feel inclined to visit my barista during the morning and my sommelier in the same place during the evening.  Although, I suppose it has a certain Euro appeal to it.  If they're pouring $3.50 venti-sized pinot noirs, though, I'm sold.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER