Share/Bookmark

smells like suburbia \05.14\

No comment yet
My parents are big on taking a daily walk.  When I'm home, it's pretty much an unwritten rule that I'll be joining them.  Seeing as I've tried to fit in my own daily walks for the past four months, this works out pretty handily.  Unlike me, they tend to do the same route every day, cutting through neighborhoods, treelines and a golf course.  Today I learned about a new tactic they've employed to keep their walks interesting.

I've taken to calling it "scavenger hunt bocce golf".  Once they hit the golf course segment of the walk, they start searching in the trees for misdirected golf balls (scavenger hunt).  From that point until they hit the main road again, they alternate turns choosing targets and see who can toss the golf ball closest (bocce golf).  They've been doing this long enough that they have personal favorite targets that present challenges: toss the ball over a green space, bounce it in a parking lot, then clear the height of a retaining wall to hit a tree.

They also have a collection of at least 100 golf balls in their garage now.  It looks like joy really can be found in the simple things.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER