Share/Bookmark

peeling back the layers \05.09\

No comment yet
It's like Christmas morning every time I open the Travelzoo Weekly Top 20 email.  But then someone tells me that I can't play with any of the toys.  My travel dreams are kind of the large and constant type.  And I don't really make an effort to deter that.

Over the past couple of days, I've spent more than an ample amount of time digging into a blog/website called The Art of Non-Conformity.  The writer, Chris Guillebeau, is a world traveler.  Seriously, by this summer he will have visited every country in the world.  Beyond that, though, he's the type of guy that just embodies pretty much everything I've been feeling but hadn't yet connected.  I get him.  He has helped set my mind back in motion.  He's the first to say that his message and methods aren't for everyone, but the people that get it...GET IT!  It didn't hurt that I ran across Ayn Rand and Paulo Coelho quotes on his site.

Perhaps what I find most interesting is that I've actually read a post on Chris's site before, about two years ago.  It was passed to me by a friend who apparently knew me better than I knew myself.  The post was titled, "Why You Should Quit Your Job and Travel Around the World".  I didn't quite make it around the world, but I did quit my job and move to Costa Rica for a month.  I don't recall revisiting that post after the initial reading, but I've had it bookmarked in a folder called "Happiness" since that day.  As fate (and a pretty specifically worded Google search) would have it, I was reunited with The Art of Non-Conformity this week.  We're getting along famously, thus far.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER