Share/Bookmark

pure michigan \05.13\

No comment yet
This is definitely what I signed up for: a few solid days of sunlight, warmth and Pure Michigan.  I'm not ashamed to say that the one ad campaign with an ability to sway me is for my home state.  Tim Allen just has me convinced; I can't help it.  My only regret is that I was too full to eat a Pronto Pup when we stopped in Grand Haven today.  I may find a way back to that little hut of greasy, batter-covered heaven on a stick.

I'm reading another Coelho book, so clearly the quotes are piling up.  And of course there's the pondering that goes along with it.  "It is we who determine how quickly time passes."  The line was so simple that it could've easily slipped by, except that it struck a chord for me.  I remember feeling like time was flying by in an infuriating way.  Most of my hours passed working or being stressed and angry about work.  Days and weeks blurred together, weekends were never long enough to satisfy.  

Then I made the decision to slow time down.  My mind started feeling sharper, my creativity was piqued again, and time started flowing instead of flying.  Yes, I'll have to put work responsibilities back into my life.  It's empowering to know firsthand, though, that I make the decisions that control the tempo of time in my life.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER