Share/Bookmark

union jack \02.24\

No comment yet
At this time, two years ago, I was traipsing around jolly ol' England.  To be exact, I was on a day trip in London, playing tour guide.  I can remember the flutter in my stomach and uptick in my pulse as we started up the steps from the tube, anticipating my first sight of London in five years.  That was the city where it all started, this indefatigable desire to globe trot.

London in a day, on foot, is a pretty whirlwind adventure.  We had a streak of luck with some 50 degree February weather, even catching a few glimmers of sun when we first arrived.  I still remember the itinerary I spent most of a morning mapping out.  Mostly we passed along the outside of each venue, not feeling the need to spend time or money to look within.  (I also saw most of this in 2005.)

Trafalgar Square, The National Gallery, Pall Mall and Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Parliament and Big Ben, along the Thames to Tower of London and Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, through the business district to Covent Garden.



Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER