Share/Bookmark

pura vida truism \02.10\

1 comment

As my remaining time here trickles away, I find myself even more energized to wake up early (as in, sunrise) and start experiencing the day.  Then I also linger a bit later at the end of my beach day, waiting for the sunset to finish its full show.  Today's tide had some intense waves, so the local Ticos were out doing some real surfing (as opposed to us daytime amateurs).  It was an entertaining show for at least two hours.  So, we had a surf show and sunset, plus the bar next to us was putting on a little live entertainment with bongos and an acoustic guitar.  It was so easy to zone out and feel the utmost of tranquility seep into your body.  I've realized that I need to find a place or experience like that in Chicago.

The bench in the picture belongs to one of the four surf schools and a true statement down here.  After three days of getting on a board, I can see why they feel that way.  Clearly I'm about as beginner as they come, but the progress I've made is evident.  It also becomes more fun as you improve, since you don't get tanked my every wave you try to ride.  Too bad there will be no applicable use for these surf skills when I get back.  I wonder if it's like "riding a bike" and I'll be a few steps ahead of the curve when/if I try it again some day?

1 comment

Jay : 2/18/12, 5:17 PM

people surf on Lake Michigan all the time... ;) you'll just need a dry suit.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER