Share/Bookmark

red alert \02.21\

No comment yet
This morning's meandering brought me down North Wells in search of a Fat Tuesday paczek (the proper singular form of packzi).  The authentic Polish variety are more difficult to find in Chicago than a native Michiganian is accustomed to, so I was forced into patronizing a "European" bakery.  Needless to say, the price was seriously inflated.  Oh well, at least I found myself a calorie bomb.  Many of my further flung friends and acquaintances are out of luck when it comes to this Polish tradition.

In taking, yet again, a route that I've been down many times before, I noticed something new.  It's difficult to believe that this bright red door never caught my eye before - not only for its color, but because it clearly doesn't blend in with the typical aesthetic of Old Town homes.

During the few days that I've been back in the Midwest, I've been struggling a little more for photographic inspiration.  The outdoors is a little drab in this snowless February state.  This punch of color did the trick for today though.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER