Share/Bookmark

goofy-footed \02.04\

No comment yet
The title of this post has no bearing on the photo, but on the highlighted event of the day.  My first ever surf lesson.  For those, like me, who are not surf terminology literate: I am goofy-footed, because I lead with my right foot.  It only seems fitting that this term applies to me.

Overall, balance is the least of my worries when it comes to surface.  I find that the challenges are timing and remembering to do so many different things, with your various body parts, precisely.  Otherwise, you fall.  I came away with some bruises, the skin rubbed off my elbows, and jammed toes causing me to limp.

Anyways, the photo itself is from a little venture to the rock face of that little jut of land that has been featured in several other photos.  Around the other side is a different beach, known for a rougher surf.

Oh, and to add to the misadventures of my Tico apartment.  A fuse blew (somewhere outside of our house) last night around 8:00pm.  Only a few things still have power, thankfully the fan is one of them, and the rest will not be addressed until Monday at the earliest.  I will have a renewed patience for the work of utility and trades people when I come home.  But, hey, pura vida!

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER