Share/Bookmark

pure michigan \02.27\

No comment yet

The pier at Grand Haven would likely qualify as an iconic image of my childhood.  I couldn't begin to count the number of summer hours spent on this shore, and a few winter hours for good measure.  It's one of the many facets of my home state that I haven't found a comparable match for in or near Chicago. I'm not sure if it's because they don't exist or I haven't searched hard enough (maybe far enough?).  All I know is that those Pure Michigan tourism commercials narrated by Tim Allen are capable of stopping me in my tracks, inciting a slight sense of melancholy and a strong urge to jump in my car.  As much as I love my international jaunts, my current state of unemployment has me thinking about spending a little quality time with my Michigan this summer.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER