Share/Bookmark

surf's up \02.12\

No comment yet

Wi-fi connectivity has proven to be a formidable foe during the last twelve hours.  So, this is a belated post.  This photo is just a little snapshot of my every day.  These boards belong to Tico's surf school.  Those are the guys that taught me how to surf, let me use a board gratis every day, and help keep me from getting lonely while I chill on the beach every day.

One of the things I'm really going to miss is the daily interaction with the surf school guys, who have come to greet me as either "Laow-REN" or Lauryn Hill.  They know that every day when they ask, ¿Cómo estás?, I'll respond with, "Bien, tranquilo".  Considering that my residency here is pretty short-term, the camaraderie that I've formed with these guys is what I've relied on as friendship.  Maybe next time I'm in Sámara, they'll still be around and remember me.  Instead of dwelling on how I have to leave, I'm trying to focus on the fact that I can come back again.

On another note, I'm watching the Grammy's en Español...except the presentation for Best R&B Album.  They just let that roll in English.  I have also tuned into The Big Bang Theory with Spanish subtitles.  The humor just doesn't translate correctly.  In case you wondered, the term "friends with benefits" translates to "amigos con derecho".  Strangely, I knew that before watching the subtitles, thanks to a conversation with a local Tico. 

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER