Share/Bookmark

time of my life \02.16\

No comment yet
As I sat in the shuttle heading toward the airport in Liberia this morning, I was swelling with emotion about leaving Costa Rica - Sámara in particular. You know in the movies when someone is going away and they turn to watch someone recede until they disappear altogether? My shuttle departed from the street in front of my little slice of beach; I couldn't help but turn to watch it fade.
I spent my final half hour drinking a cup of coffee in the beach, waiting for my surf school boys to arrive. In true Tico fashion, they didn't show up until 8:20am (my shuttle was due to arrive at 8:30). Sandro was missing altogether, which hardly surprised me, so I didn't have a chance to say goodbye. Hugs and cheek kisses were exchanged with Christian and Puché. I thanked them for making a solo chica feel less lonely for three weeks and there were assurances made about an eventual round three to Sámara.

In the midst of my mental struggle about leaving, the shuttle driver turned on the radio. The familiar strains of the eponymous song from Dirty Dancing drifted back to me. I know that song is an homage to love between two people, but it also spoke pretty clear to the love affair I've been having for the past month.


"Now I've had the time of my life,

And I've never felt this way before,
Yes, I swear, it's the truth,
And I owe it all to you."

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER