Share/Bookmark

on the flipside \02.17\

No comment yet
What a difference a day makes.  I went for a walk on the beach this morning, but it was an unequivocal leap from the standard to which I became accustomed.  I substituted my bathing suit for full winter attire.  The sound of ocean swells and reggae tunes was replaced by the traffic on Lake Shore Drive. I didn't venture to tread barefoot on the shoreline, because I wasn't up for frostbite on my first day home.

In the end, I still readily admit that my well of love for Lake Michigan runs deep.  It's probably just going to take a little while, and some warmer weather, to regain a bit of that luster in my eyes.  Even though winter weather can be a deterrent to exploration, I want to use some of this unfettered time in my life to venture outside of the bubble that has defined my years in Chicago.  There are assuredly areas of inspiration I've never tapped in this city.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER