Share/Bookmark

furniture town \09.01\

No comment yet
Yes, I managed to fit a month's worth of belongings into a carry-on bag and a personal item in January.  But I was going to Costa Rica, where no one knew or cared if I wore the same swimsuit and shorts every day.  Now I'm attempting to pack within the same restraints for two weeks in New York, including nine days in the office.

I suppose I could assume that the company will pick up the tab if I pay to check a bag.  But they would be paying for four flights, since I'm also doing an out and back over the weekend for a wedding (which they are amazing enough to be funding for me).  Therefore, I'll make every effort to do carry-on only.

And, thus, I've been fretting over which items in my wardrobe are multi-purpose, both in terms of multiple outfits and weather conditions.  There's a possibility that I'm also nervous about my clearly unfashionable wardrobe making that lengthy of an appearance in NYC.  I'll get over that.

Although it's been a while, it seems reminiscent of that first day of school energy.  You've been around the block enough to know what the first day of school is like, but it's new nonetheless.  You know most of the people you're going to run into, but you want to give the best impression anyways. You overprepare, overthink your outfit, then walk into first hour and realize that none of the anxiety was relevant.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER