Share/Bookmark

when in chelsea... \09.10\

No comment yet
...you buy overpriced gourmet ice cream from a truck.  The Big Gay Ice Cream truck.  I joined a few ladies from my office for an afternoon jaunt to a warehouse sale, then we stopped to ourselves some Salty Pimps.  Oh, I am definitely in New York.

To be clear, you're missing out if you've never had a Salty Pimp.  Vanilla ice cream, dulce de leche, sea salt, chocolate dipped, in a cone.

After work, I made my way back to Madison Square Park to watch the remainder of the US Open final with a few hundred other fans.  Despite their errant support for Andy Murray, and his ultimate victory, I can't help but revel in being surrounded by truly invested tennis fans.

It also just occurred to me today that two weeks is kind of a long time.  It's 50% of the time that I spent in Costa Rica.  Maybe it's because New York isn't international and I have the ability to see a few people that I know, but it hardly phased me to know I was leaving for two weeks.  And I've also embraced the unknown that this two weeks presents, making me more curious than anxious.

I have to remember to take a few moments and appreciate what I'm packing into this period.  Learning, exploring, taking chances, building bridges, making decisions...growing up, I suppose.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER