Share/Bookmark

bus stop rainbow \09.24\

No comment yet
I think that I've known for most of my life that truly great friends are difficult to come by, but also that they're the ones worth putting in the effort to find and keep.  Over time, I've seen that people have differing definitions of friendship.  For me, it's pretty cut and dry.

The people that I want close to me don't have to be exactly like me.  Our personalities can be distinctly different.  Most of our interests can lie at varying ends of the spectrum.  At the end of the day, though, differences aren't nearly as strong as the innate connection.

If your pain makes my gut wrench, or your good fortune brings a smile to my face, then we are on the same page where it really matters.  If we can be bluntly honest with one another and it leads to productive solutions instead of drama, there's a true and trustworthy foundation there.  If you manage to find some of my quirks to be assets, you're clearly a keeper!

Some of these people are present nearly every day in my life, some regularly bob in and out, and others may fade out for longer periods.  Ultimately, I've realized that these are my people, the friends whom I want to be there for despite time, distance, weather conditions, whatever the obstacles may be.  I'm much less interested in surface-level acquaintanceships.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER