Share/Bookmark

office life \09.17\

No comment yet
First day in the Chicago office and this is where it begins to feel like I work for a start-up.  Three guys, a girl, and a mini fridge.  Before I even had my computer open, I was rallying to get a Keurig.  That request has been made to the powers that be (although I'm not entirely sure who "they" are).

An hour after my arrival, I was waiting on keys to both the office and the women's restroom.  It's a tenuous wait realizing that, should nature call, your best options are to hope another woman is heading in that direction (keep in mind that I only work with men) or heading down the block to Cosi.

In what was possibly a modern day miracle, by lunch time I had keys, a shelf and a wall installed at my desk, and had accomplished some real work.  Granted, a shipping error meant that I was still missing a monitor, keyboard and mouse, but there was Fresca in the fridge as a reparation.

I may have returned to the working world, but it feels nothing like the office routine that I've cycled through in the past.  And that seems to be a good thing.  It's only been one day in my new Chicago digs, but instead of heading for a rut it feels like I'm getting into a groove.  There's somehow both a minor and a distinct difference between the two.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER