Share/Bookmark

lights up \09.28\

No comment yet
What I'm learning at my new job: clients renew monthly and quarterly.  This week was the end of a month and a quarter.  That makes my life insanely busy.  So, I have to bring a little work home with me this weekend.  Once I get over the hump in the learning curve, I'm thinking that will be less likely.

This was also supposed to be my one low-key, do nothing weekend after three weeks of traveling and before three more of the same.  Well, that changed when I made an impromptu road trip to Michigan after work.  The opportunity cost of trading in my chill at home weekend is completely worth it though.  You'll get the picture tomorrow, literally and figuratively.

The drive into Michigan wasn't quite as bad as I expected after last weekend's traffic jams and rain storms.  To further entertain myself, I whipped out the archaic CD case from my trunk and played a little soundtrack roulette.  It's a simple game whereby I flip blindly to a page, pull out a CD without looking, and insert it into the CD player.

I ended up with Celine Dion's Greatest Hits (I beg to differ with the titling; I didn't know at least half of the songs).  It's probably a good thing no one else was present for that singalong session.  Then I segued to a burned CD of country hits circa 2002.  That one didn't end up back in the archives, it'll stay in my rotation.

Something about coming to, being in, and leaving Michigan just puts me in country music mode.  It's like I go full rural once I get here.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER