Share/Bookmark

keep swinging \09.02\

No comment yet
My day-to-day themes don't vary much lately - and today will be no exception.  After a 48 hour stay in Michigan, I made the three-hour car trek back to Chicago this morning with two purposes in mind: packing and Roddick.

I managed to make it home by 12:40, missing the first three games, but witnessing the remainder of the third round victory.  After Roddick broke Fognini's serve in the fourth set and victory seemed likely, I was looking up Tuesday night session tickets for Ashe Stadium.  

There's nothing I want more than to see my main man one more time in person.  Match point and I hit the purchase button.  Now I'm a little nervous about all of this tropical storm aftermath and a 60% chance of rain in NYC on Tuesday.  I'd like to take a moment to ask Mother Nature to do me a solid and let me watch Andy play one more time.

While changeovers and commercials were happening, I was running to and from my closet collecting the items I had carefully detailed on my packing spreadsheet.  Perhaps that sounds anal retentive, but it was necessary.  Only with that level of planning and efficiency was I able to achieve my feat.

Two weeks.  One carry-on suitcase.

True story.  I packed for two weeks in the office, a wedding weekend, and an urban wandering weekend...all in one carry-on suitcase.  And it only weighs twenty pounds.  I take an odd pride in being able to pack minimally.  Part of me worries that I'm forgetting something.  The other part of me shrugs, because NYC has no shortage of places to purchase anything that I forget.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER