Share/Bookmark

market day \09.13\

No comment yet
Instead of going straight to my hotel room after work, I have a tendency to wander.  Today I made my way over to Chelsea Market, which seems to be popular among both the tourist and resident types.  I'm not a huge foodie, but from what I could gather this place is chock full of gourmet and specialty food stands and marketplaces.  I snagged a brownie for a $1.50 and called it a day.

My main interest, per usual, was taking in my surroundings and finding photo ops.  Since the market is housed in a renovated warehouse space, there was definitely a uniquely modern and historic mix of styles.  Ah, yes, contrast.

Many thanks to Yelp for existing and allowing me to find small, hole-in-the-wall joints to buy a NY cheddar grilled cheese and avocado sandwich.  And if my brownie and grilled cheese weren't enough, my hotel bar was offering $4 glasses of pinot noir for happy hour.


So despite being in NYC, where prices can be notoriously high, I managed to piece together a delightful concoction of comfort foods (and drink) for $13.50.  Not too shabby.


Plans are already under way for my Saturday wander.  I'm thinking it will be an Uptown kind of day, since I've really only ever spent time in Midtown or Downtown.

P.S. Despite my NYC love affair, I'm feeling homesick for Chicago.  I miss my friends.  And making my own dinner at home.  And my pillow, I can't wait to get back to my pillow.




Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER