Share/Bookmark

little bit of everything \09.15\

No comment yet
I'm citing exhaustion as the reason for yesterday's bland photo attempt.  In my defense, the post was lengthy and thought out.  Today I think it's only fitting to flip it on you.  Image heavy, content light.  Well, maybe light isn't the right word; more like stream of consciousness.

NYC Bagel
Upper East Side

Today I walked approximately eleven miles, wandering around the Upper East Side, Central Park and more.  The first thought that popped into my head after calculating - maybe I could successfully train for and complete a half marathon.  No commitment yet, just pondering.

It would be impossible to estimate or calculate the number of miles that I've walked since arriving.  The only taxis that I've stepped into were used for airport transportation.  And today I brought my train ride grand total to three.  My daily walk to and from work is 1.6 miles by itself.  There hasn't been a day where I didn't wander and/or meet up with someone.

Central Park Bridge
When I arrived in New York, there was an empty storefront that I passed on 6th Avenue when walking to work.  Now it's fully stocked and prepped to open as a pop-up Halloween USA store.  I've been here long enough for an entire retail location to go from zero to open.

One more night and half of a day.  Then I'm heading home, trading in the Big Apple for the Windy City.  It's amazing how much learning, growth and experience I've garnered in these two weeks (not just on the job).  It's right in line with my goal for 2012.  Hopefully this persists as my life segues into a new chapter and routine.

Central Park Garden View
Chorizo y Manchego

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER