Share/Bookmark

festively fall \09.26\

No comment yet
At times throughout the past nine months, I mentally step outside of myself and look at my life.  I find that I'm amazed at the some of the things I've done, the places I've ended up, and the ways that I've opened my mind.  For so long I lived pretty tidily inside the lines.  I wish I would've realized that life is so much more interesting if you increase the area between those lines.

Being stubborn doesn't necessarily make you strong.  You can take risks without being irrational.  Saying yes to the smallest thing can lead you down paths you never would've unlocked.  There's so much to learn by going places you've never been and engaging with people you don't know.

I don't have a life plan, a ten-year or a five-year plan; I have a barely outlined tentative idea of plans in the next year (mostly involving international travel).  My plan is to go day-by-day and accept or create opportunities as circumstances arise.  Like tonight, when a visiting co-worker from New York extended an open invite to grab food or drinks after work.  Since the rest of the Chicago team is in the "married with a baby" stage of life, the spontaneity didn't really work for them.

So, instead of my plan to catch up with my DVR and cook a new quinoa recipe for dinner, I ended up getting to know a long-distance co-worker.  Oh, and I realized that I'm a huge fan of Korean BBQ.  I've walked past del Seoul a thousand times and always been intimidated, because I wasn't sure I'd know how to order Korean food.  There was nothing intimidating, only deliciousness.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER