Share/Bookmark

trail of light \12.08\

No comment yet
It's not that I'm Scrooge, I just don't have quite as much holiday cheer as most people.  Working in retail kind of turned me off holiday music.  Unless it's *NSYNC - Home for Christmas; that stuff is pure magic.  And I'm also a sucker for the ultimate Mariah holiday song.  I won't even deign to name it, you're already hearing it in your head.

One of the lines that I draw is a Christmas tree.  First of all, logistically, this studio apartment just isn't made for it.  Then there's the hassle of getting it in and out of the building, cleaning up after it, decorating and undecorating.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  So I'll just enjoy the scent of other people's trees when I visit.

Instead I've figured out a purpose for the fireplace, which otherwise serves as a rather vestigial part of my apartment.  (Thanks to the baseboard heat that never stops pumping - in fact, my window is open right now.)  I've taken to calling this my Christmas vignette.  A little $6 holiday celebration of red lights, ornaments, vases and a candle.  Fifteen minutes a year to unpack, set up, take down, and put away annually.

I don't make Christmas cookies, but I love to eat them.  I can't remember the last time I watched a traditional holiday movie, but I've seen most of Lifetime and ABC Family's repertoires.  They're horrible and I love every second of it.  I own zero ugly holiday sweaters or Santa hats.  Everyone celebrates the holidays in their own way, this just happens to be my way.

I also really wanted to play with my camera's settings in a situation containing twinkle lights.  As you can tell from the two similar, yet somehow distinctly different, photos that I've included today.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER