Share/Bookmark

hitting the (tiffany) glass ceiling \12.05\

No comment yet
Sometimes I'm intensely dedicated to tasks and projects.  At other times I pretend they don't exist until I've run out of time.  The latter category is where I'd place shopping 99% of the time.  That encompasses clothing, shoes, home goods, groceries, and so forth.  Maybe it's the overstimulation of so many choices between stores and products.  It would make sense with my penchant for list making.

For weeks I've intended to buy skinny black pants to wear with my boots, particularly for a work event that I'm attending tomorrow.  I'm sure you can guess when I decided to go in pursuit of those pants.  If I had a magical, go-to store where I already knew that everything fit me, maybe it would be a different story.  Instead I did a tour of State Street, ended up at Macy's, and bought a pair of pants that I'm not entirely convinced that I like.  But there was no way that I was continuing the shopping charade.

I have no doubt that I am not the only person who suffers from an acute case of procrastination.  (Although, for many, shopping probably doesn't fall in that category.)  I can feel myself doing it when I receive certain emails, perhaps because I have to deliver a negative response or put effort into digging up an answer.  If I let my dishes pile in the sink for more than a day, they're likely to stay there for five.  They become more and more intimidating as time passes.

Books and blogs and supposed experts all have their tips to prevent procrastination, but do you really think there's anyone with a 100% success rate?  Someone who always works steadily through the things that are handed to them, without question?  If I wanted to play with semantics, I could just say that what I'm doing is prioritizing.


Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER