Share/Bookmark

seeing christmas past \12.23\

No comment yet
The first day of Christmas is (nearly) over.  And it has already been an exhausting festival of family and food.  I have been eyeballing the clock for at least two hours, wondering when it's acceptable to fall asleep without the nasty side effect of being wide awake at 4:00am.

I've also managed to spend many of my lazing minutes brushing up on the ins and outs of operating my camera.  And since my parents house seems so much more novel than mine, I'm directing my practice efforts on the many and varied Christmas tchotchkes.

Everything seems to have a past and a story.  Some of them pre-date me, going back to my mom's grandmothers and great grandmothers.  Others I remember my brothers and I gifting to my mom during our earlier childhood years.  Grandma sewed our stockings, mom painted our names on them.  Many of the ornaments on the tree were crafted with the very hands that type this.  It's like delving through a memory bank.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER