Share/Bookmark

picture in picture \12.01\

No comment yet
One of my goals after Costa Rica was to find ways to bring myself back to the pura vida state of mind, to not squander all of the clarity and peace that came out of my adventure.

While it was warm out, I tried to spend time by Lake Michigan or lying on the beach.  The surf didn't exactly crash there and I could always hear the obnoxious conversations of people sitting practically on top of me.  For all of the months leading up to my re-employment, I took long meandering walks.  Those were beneficial for my head space, but ended rather abruptly when I stepped back into office life.

I eat mango and pineapple.  I wear the leather cuff bracelet that I bought from a Tico artisan.  I keep a rock and sea shell from Playa Sámara on my desk.

The other idea that I concocted was keeping the things that inspired me in Costa Rica visually alive in my life here.  I spent days sifting through my photos, trying to choose a cohesive group of those with the strongest impact on my state of mind.  The idea was to enlarge them and create wall art above my bed.  Many months and even more distractions later, I finally got around to it.

Even as I type this, I keeping glancing over and scenes from my trip flash through my mind.  I can't help but smile a little.  Of course, my second thought is that I need to go back and take my photos all over again, now that I have a quality camera.  But regardless of more pixels or better aperature control, these photos will always be meaningful to me in a deeper way.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER