Share/Bookmark

bulbs and baubles \12.07\

No comment yet
It's amazing how exhausting continuous days of mental exertion can be.  Or simply shaving off three hours of sleep that you're accustomed to.  It seems to fine tune all of my senses.  Noises seem louder, sharper, more clamorous.  Smells are too pungent, all-encompassing.  Lights are too bright.  Yet, everything tastes good.

All I could think about in my mental and physical exhaustion was the delicious comfort of carbohydrate-laden foods.  My body was yearning for bread and pasta.  So I indulged.  I met head on with an act of winter hibernation survival.  And I relished every ounce of those carbs, feeling guilty for none of it.  Even topping off the night with a little Ghiradelli chocolate ice cream for good measure.

Now I'm happily full, sleepier than ever, and barely making it through this post with open eyes.  I will dig deep for the effort required to transfer from my cozy state on the couch, only because my bed has so much more real estate and better pillows.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER