Share/Bookmark

lights, logo, legs \12.06\

No comment yet
It's way past my bedtime.  And I just got home.  This is unusual for me, even on a weekend night.  But in the name of professional responsibility, I have spent a night imbibing and mingling.  All while wearing heels and standing in them for what seemed like an endless number of hours.  Also, I'm not sure that I've ever seen so many pairs of black heels in one place at the same time.

What I've learned: everyone in media and media buying knows one another, and I do not.  But I managed to run into an old co-worker, so my social tally wasn't completely vacant.  And we hosted a few clients in our group, so I suppose they count as familiar faces.  Few people surpassed the 35-year-old mark; I'm even willing to bet that the average age was closer to 25 than 30.  You could sense a little of that "not far removed from college" essence as the night drew out.

As responsible adults, we returned to the office just before midnight to gather our laptops and belongings.  The security dudes seemed less than pleased to see us, disdainful of our ability to ascertain (without assistance or prior knowledge) that you must swipe AND push the handicap accessible button to enter the office after hours.

Thus, at 11:45 Mountain Standard Time, I leave you for the comfort of my pillow.  Thankful that my morning commute consists of staggering from my bed to whichever sitting place in my apartment I decide to reside in.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER