Share/Bookmark

ride at dusk \01.26\

No comment yet

My days in Sámara may not be as filled with adventures or bus ride hijinx as the first five days of my trip, but I'm astounded how easily you can fill a "work day" length of time in the same lounge chair.  Sure, I take 20 minute breaks from lounging to wander up and down the shoreline and take photos.  Today I was so productive as to find a studio apartment to move to on Saturday, when the Casa del Mar runs out of rooms.  In a lovely twist of fate, the apartment has Wi-Fi, kitchen, AC & washing machine for CHEAPER than this shared bathroom, ceiling fan only hotel room.  Score.

I'm having a difficult time grasping that this isn't a standard length vacation.  It feels like I should be wrapping up to leave in a couple days.  Rather, I'm just getting started, not even halfway through.  My brain is back on the train of thought where I wonder if I could move my life to Sámara.  The people here are just so happy with the work and play aspects of life.  My surf instructor buddy told me that every day at work feels like a vacation for him, that's how much he enjoys it.  Ahh, pura vida!

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER