Share/Bookmark

sunset in sámara \01.27\

No comment yet

The setting sun looks so much bigger in Sámara.  Since this is a crescent shaped beach, facing mainly due south, the sun sets behind that jut of land from any angle you look.  That means we get the early view of the setting sun, when the oranges tones are just beginning to creep through the sky.  As soon as the sun goes below the treeline, there's a short period before dusk where the beach is bathed in a soft, orange radiance.

I've heard that some amazing sunsets can be seen in Playa Carillo, the next beach south of Sámara.  Perhaps sometimes during my three-week stint I'll navigate my way down there by bus.  Until then, I have no qualms watching this one every night.  Tonight was particularly amazing, without a cloud in the sky.  Life doesn't suck at the beach.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER